Monday, February 15, 2016

Cottage Cheese Pancakes

Happy Louis Riel Day! I'm celebrating with a leisurely Monday morning. I woke up without an alarm, shuffled around a bit, tidied a little, and decided to give these Cottage Cheese Pancakes a try. I’d enjoy them while watching into the sunny back-yard. I can hardly wait to enjoy my first summer in that yard.

I don’t eat a lot of pancakes – they slow me down. I don’t know why, I just know they do.

Along came a recipe that looked like a try. I liked them! I think I might make a few extra and freeze them for quick breakfasts.

Here is the recipe (from here: http://hurrythefoodup.com/cottage-cheese-pancakes/):

Cottage Cheese Pancakes
½ cup cottage cheese
½ cup rolled oats (I used quick-oats)
3 Eggs

Whisk eggs together and add cottage cheese and rolled oats.

Fry in pan with oil on medium heat.

I used a 1/3 cup measure of batter for each pancake. This made 5. I think I will switch to a ¼ cup measure in the future. 2 was just a little too much for breakfast. (And it will probably make 6 this way, too.)

Enjoy!

Update: 3/6/2016: I made these again this weekend. The 1/4 cup measure worked like gangbusters. Plus, I used the immersion blender to make a more smooth batter, and that also improved them. They are wonderful with unsweetened applesauce. Also, I've collected the nutritional info for them:
Nutritional Info With Applesauce
Nutritional Info Without Applesauce





Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At February 15, 2016 at 2:29 PM , Blogger natbug said...

Interesting! How did they taste? Texture?

 
At February 16, 2016 at 9:13 PM , Blogger She said...

They were good - and tasted like they *could* be great. I'd put a teaspoon of sweetener in next time. (Honey? Sugar? Sweet'n'Low?) Hopefully that will help counter the salty.

I liked the oatmeal texture - I'll try it one time after processing the oats (dry) with a blender once - to see if I prefer it that way.

I'll make them again for sure.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home