Saturday, September 26, 2015

Pumpkin Muffins

I have a confession. I stopped making ‘proper’ coffee at home. I have about 6ish sips from a cup of instant while getting ready at home. And then I do everything I can to drive past Tim Hortons on my way to work. 

This is one of the seasons that are hard to resist. Why? Pumpkin Spice Muffins. The muffin part – well, I keep hoping that they’ll taste like my mom’s. And they don’t. And I keep coveting that tower of cream cheese icing they pipe down the centre.

So – this is the weekend to unearth the recipe, and give it a try again.

The spice mixture was enhanced. Had there been nutmeg, it would have been added. And no raisins could be found, craisins were added. And the flour was topped up with about 1/8 or more cup of chick pea flour. Weird. Weird that it was on hand, that is. 

No wait. There was another minor alteration. Mashed carrots were used in place of the pumpkin. :)

Trust me, you won’t know the difference.

With that said, here goes:

Pumpkin Muffins
4 eggs
2 c sugar
1 ½ c oil
1 ¾ cup pumpkin puree
3 c unsifted flour
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp (scant) allspice
1 tsp (scant) ginger
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 c raisins

Beat eggs slightly. Add sugar, oil and pumpkin and beat thoroughly. Sift dry ingredients over creamed mixture. Blend until smooth, then stir in raisins.

Bake at 350º for 30 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
Makes 2 ½ dozen.

Enjoy.

If you are interested, here is the original ingredients list:
4 eggs
2 c sugar
1 ½ c oil
1 14oz can pumpkin
3 c unsifted flour
1 tbsp cinnamon
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt

2 c raisins

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home