Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Pumpkin Truffles

As time goes on, it seems that my chocolate obsession isn't quite as strong as I thought it was.  But there are still times when a girl wants something immensely chocolaty. I saw a recipe on the Nadine Duncan Fitness Facebook group. It looked super tasty, and I thought I would give it a try. I made some changes - the original recipe calls for cacao powder.  Cocoa powder isn't the same, but has similar properties. It doesn't have the same nutritional benefits, but it has it's own nutritional benefits.  The recipe also called for cacao nibs or high quality chocolate chips. I only like cacao nibs - and so I wasn't prepared to buy an entire package. And I love chocolate chips, and know I'd finish any leftovers all by their lonesome - and so unless I have a real pressing need, I don't buy chocolate chips.

Also, the original recipe was for fudge in a pan. (Called Pumpkin Fudge.) Topped with the chocolate chips or nibs. I wanted smaller pieces, and so went with rolling it into small balls. The ground almonds was just trying to sort out how to make them look nice.  When I tasted it, it reminded me of truffles - and here you have it.  Truffles that you can have at breakfast time and not feel like all is lost.  MMmMmMmmMm!

Pumpkin Truffles

3/4 cup cocoa powder
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon cloves
Ground almonds

Instructions

Mix all the ingredients, except almonds, together until well blended.

Roll into small truffles and roll in ground almonds.  Refrigerate until solid.

Makes about 20 pieces.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home