Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Magical Fruit Salad

Ok.  It doesn’t have a real name.  But it’s got magical fruit.  And a trailer load of other tasty morsels.  Rice – who knew I’d like rice??  Thanks again, potluck people, for introducing me to brown rice.  And it has ... well, let’s just get started.  It has a lot of things.

Amazingly, this was suggested for one person for one meal.  I tried it for lunch today – and I truly enjoyed it.  But that is a LOT of food!  Half of it is waiting in the fridge at work for me for tomorrow’s lunch.
So, let’s get trucking on the recipe.


Magical Fruit Salad:
Two cups diced veggies.  I used:
¼ cup cucumber
Just before the rice was added
¼ cup celery
¼ cup green pepper
¼ cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
3 radishes, chopped really teensy (it made my “two cups” a bit wonky, but it was worth it.)

1 cup rinsed magical fruit kidney beans, rinsed
1 cup prepared brown rice

Dressing:
¼ cup olive oil
¼ cup vinegar
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
     Emulsify.

Chop all of the veggies, add to bowl.  Add in magical fruit.  Add in brown rice.  Mix well.  Add in ½ of the dressing mixture. Stir.
Enjoy.

Oh.  And in case you’re curious?  Yes.  It’s magical.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home