Monday, August 7, 2017

Home Made Cereal!?!

Maybe I shouldn’t be *so* surprised that it’s possible to make cereal. I guess people have been having breakfast since the dawn of time. Maybe I shouldn’t be so surprised that I’d love a Jamie Oliver recipe either. (I love watching his shows, but rarely want to sample what he prepares.) I find converting the quantities from weighed to volume frustrating – so I tried something new with this one. I just eyeballed. :) 

The following is what I came up with. (And this is the original from Jamie Oliver himself.)

Granola Dust

5 cups porridge oats
1 cup nuts (I just use up the ends of bags I have in the cupboard)
¼ cup (or more) of seeds (millet, pumpkin, sesame, chia, whatever you have)
1 tbsp ground coffee
3 tbsp cocoa
1 cup dried fruit

Toast the oats, nuts and seeds in a 350º oven for 10-15 minutes. Let cool completely.

Add coffee, cocoa and fruit to the mixture. Process in a food processor until it’s “dusty”. (Maybe more like sand than dust.)

Enjoy.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home