Monday, April 8, 2013

Pecan Crusted Chicken

I came across a recipe book recently, and decided it was a ‘must have.’  The recipes looked easy and tasty  And they looked just like the foods I want to eat.  And judging from other friends’ posts – there is one recipe that grabs everyone’s attention.  My photography doesn’t do it justice – it is very yummy.  And for those with better skill at dressing  a place...it would make a beautiful main course.


1 cup spicy brown mustard (I used old fashioned style Dijon)

2 tbsp honey

1 cup pecans, chopped or crushed

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

Sea salt

Preheat oven to 350º f.  In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together mustard and honey.   
Pour the pecans into a large bowl.  Add sea salt to taste.  (I also added parsley.  I can’t help myself with the parsley.)

One at a time, roll chicken in the honey-mustard mixture, coating all sides.  Transfer the coated chicken into the pecans and again, cover all sides.
Place the chicken into a large greased glass baking dish.  Bake for 45 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked all the way through.

It was perfect with barely cooked veggies, and a grapefruit for desert.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home