Saturday, January 24, 2015

Parmesan Baked Pork Chops

As a kid, pork chops were one of my favorite. But I tell you what – I can’t cook ‘em worth a darn. And so I just stopped making them at home, and enjoying them at other people’s places... say... my mom’s. (Mom cooks some pretty spectacular pork.) Then I saw this http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/main-course/main-course-pork/parmesan-baked-pork-chops.html and thought maybe... just maybe, I could make non-leathery pork chops too.

And true story – it worked! I forget about things I have in the oven, and this was no different. I cooked it for about 1h 15 mins, and still, it was perfectly juicy! I’ve made it a number of times, but haven’t been able to capture a picture of it, just because of lighting or whatever. (Whatever = it was actually too messy to clear a spot to take a picture.) The picture shown is actually the least good lookin’ version I’ve made. But it’ll do until I make it sometime when there is better lighting.
Please enjoy this tasty pork chop number:

Parmesan Baked Pork Chops 
Ingredients
4 boneless pork chops, 1/2" thick
Olive oil
1/3 c parmesan cheese
1/3 c bread crumbs
1/2 tsp black pepper

Line a pan with tin foil and spray with cooking spray.
In a shallow bowl combine the parmesan, bread crumbs and pepper. In a separate shallow bowl, pour 2-3 tbsps of oil. Coat pork chop with olive oil and then coat in the cheese mixture. Press the mixture over the chop to make sure it is well covered. Place the pork chop on the pan. Continue with remaining chops.

Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.

Enjoy!

As a note – I plan to try a few things in place of the bread crumbs. Crushed corn flakes isn’t a good substitute. (The corn flake substitution is shown.) With the corn flakes, I have returned to leathery. Perhaps it needs something to clog holes so that pork chop goodness doesn’t slip out between the corn flake cracks. J

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At February 2, 2015 at 10:50 AM , Blogger Heather Witherden said...

Have you tried Panko crumbs? I love them with sushi! They're also fantastic for baked fish.

 
At February 3, 2015 at 11:50 AM , Blogger She said...

Panko should really go on my list. Thanks for the reminder! (I think I even saw a GF option for Panko - which was my hold-back a while back when I first considered them.)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home